ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Other duties may be assigned. All of the following are to be performed while adhering to Tree Top operational policies, safety rules, procedures and good manufacturing practices.
It is the responsibility of every employee at Tree Top Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks.
This is a representative sample–not to imply a complete listing of all responsibilities and tasks.
- Assist Where Assigned / Needed
- Rotate to different tasks per Packaging Team Lead's instructions
- Assist in breaks and lunches as required
- Complete any other tasks as required, i.e. sweep floors, etc.
- Fill boxes with product to customer specifications
- Weigh cases of product to meet customer specifications
- Seal finished box/container to customers specifications
- Palletize according to customer specifications
- Process re-work product as needed
- Communicate Effectively
- Receive information / instructions from Team Leaders and Supervisor
- Exchange information with co-workers, Team Leaders, and Supervisor
- Notify Lab Techs of any foreign material or recurring quality problems
- Train new and temporary employees as required
- Know where to find required company specifications
- Operate Equipment
- Attain necessary knowledge of equipment operation as needed
- Operate press, tape machine, and blend line equipment as necessary
- Relieve co-workers on equipment when required
- Startup blend line equipment as needed
- Operate forklift occasionally as required to perform duties (must have Forklift Certification)
- Wear seat belt at all times when operating a forklift
- Inspect Fruit / Pick Out Foreign Material
- Wear sanitary gloves when handling product
- Remove defective fruit (rot/bruising, size, deformities, etc.)
- Sort out defects (rot/bruising, cross cores, peel, stems, calyx, burnt pieces, etc.)
- Watch for any recurring foreign material
- Sort out foreign material
- Remove all trash from belt
- Inspect all product as it proceeds down the line
- Notify Lab Tech, Team Leader, and/or Supervisor as required
- Cut Out Excess Cores Stems
- Look for any peeled apples that still have stem and core
- Use knife (with caution) to cut away stem and part of core
- Clean Surrounding Belts, Chutes, Shakers, etc.
- Scrape screen in shaker to keep clean
- Rinse away peel and buildup from chutes and end of belts
- Maintain GMPs
- Ensure cleaning procedures are followed in proper sequence
- Train/monitor crew in use of proper cleaning/sanitizing chemical-handling procedures and equipment
- Maintain a clean work area; keep floors swept, brooms, squeegees, etc. in proper place; empty trash cans/bins as needed
- Empty product waste containers and debris as needed
- Inspect conveyor system to comply with GMPs and ensure a smooth process flow
- Adhere to GMP standards throughout the entire plant
- Ensure Food Safety by Following HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points)
- Maintain personal cleanliness, wash hands frequently, wear hairnet, wear sanitary gloves
- Do not store chemicals too close to food products
- Avoid spilling oil or cleaning fluids on food products
- Avoid cross-contamination
- Follow color code policy
- Follow proper procedures, practices, training
- Verify correct ingredients are being used
- Do not use contaminated raw materials
- Be familiar with all process flow diagrams
- Know all critical control points in all processes; i.e.: metal detection
- Sort out foreign material; i.e. wood, stickers, plastic, etc.
- Lock-Out Tag-Out
- Make sure to have a complete and clear understanding of all Lock-Out Tag-Out procedures
- Use proper Lock-Out Tag-Out procedures at all times (washing/cleaning machinery, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to read specifications and warning labels and to sort products, distance vision to operate lift trucks, color vision to sort product color coding, peripheral vision to operate forklift and operate line, depth perception to go up or down stairs and ladders, and the ability to adjust focus to sort product, to read labels, and specifications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to ..
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves the Yakima Valley and its surrounding areas.
We offer many great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire Staffing Associates!
Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions qualify for,
we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested
in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program!) If you are looking for a long-term
career opportunity, then please apply now!
“Excellent service. Answered all my questions and took the time to get to know me for better job placement." – Norma Y.
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time