Are you looking to build your career in machining and metal fabrication with an organization that is growing rapidly? Atlas Staffing is hiring a Sawyer for a full-time, temp-to-hire position with a great company!
Objective: In this position you will be cutting pieces of metal bar, rods, and tube, and inspecting finished products for accuracy and quality.
- Sets up and operates power-driven circular band saws and abrasive saws to cut various types of metal bar, rods, and tube to specified dimensions.
- Installs blade in saw and sets guide bars and stops.
- Positions material on saw table.
- Feeds material to blade and starts saw.
- Verifies dimensions of cut pieces using tape measure, calipers and T-square.
- Examines pieces for defects such as chipped edges and marred surfaces.
- May mark cutting lines on material.
Sawyer Minimum Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience in metal fabrication strongly preferred
- Must have a solid understanding of metal fabrication concepts and processes
- Ability to operate tape measure and calipers, T-square, hand tools, power-driven circular band saws and abrasive saws and various shop tools
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Excellent attendance & ability to be to work at the scheduled time
- Leadership qualities desired
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Sawyer Physical Requirements:
- Lift, carry, push and or pull 1 – 50 lbs. frequently
- Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently
- Sit, stand and walk for 1 – 10 hours per day
- Ability to work in a 55 – 88-degree Fahrenheit work environment
- Work in a fast-paced industrial environment
Shift: Monday – Friday, 6:00 am to 2:30 pm
Wage: $14.50+/hour D.O.E
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves Spokane and its surrounding areas. We offer many great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire Staffing Associates! Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions qualify for, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program!) If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
"I am so thankful for Atlas staffing! I was getting so frustrated trying to find a job before I found Atlas Staffing. They are so helpful and just wonderful people.” – Crystal H.
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.