Do you have a background in medical records? Are you looking to build your career in a hospital setting? Atlas Staffing is hiring a Health Information Specialist for our reputable client in the medical industry. This is a full-time position on a first shift with competitive wages!
Objective: This position performs chart processing functions for the patient medical record; such as prepare, scan, index, and quality review of the scanned medical record
Health Information Specialist Responsibilities:
- Works in numerous EMR's reviewing release information with a high level of accuracy and documents appropriately for account of disclosure
- Reviews the legal components of the medical record, ensuring the release of information activities are performed with the highest level of accuracy.
- Uses knowledge and training of regulatory compliance and RCW, as it relates to patients right to restrict and amend their record
- Performs other duties as assigned
Health Information Specialist Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Degree in Health Information Management or RHIT certification preferred.
- 2 years previous medical office or medical record experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, confidentiality, HIPAA and electronic health record systems preferred
Shift: Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 4:30pm
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves Spokane and its surrounding areas. We offer many great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire Staffing Associates! Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions qualify for, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program!) If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
“Very helpful and positive. The Spokane Atlas staffing staff were able to get me working again fast and with good pay. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get back to work quickly.” – Robert R.
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.